Followers

Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

The failed aspirations of me

So...I put out on my instagram: what do you want me to write about? And well this was one of the answers.

So what are my aspirations?  Well we know them a little, don't we? I want to be a writer and mortician/forensic anthropologist. But why? No normal person will do a thing like that! Well, if you have not gathered by now- i am far from normal.  But I do not want to keep repeating this, so instead I will talk about my lesser known aspirations and why I will not be ever doing them!

Its about to get really weird.

Acting! 

So I do have an A level in Performing arts. I was actually going to audition for East 15 and other performing arts universities.  I wanted to be able to perform on TV and stage. But I never actually went to do this and changed my course to forensic psychology at Cambridge/Oxfrord. (That is where my uni actually runs from).

But why? Well at the time I was having issues with my mental health and then it collapsed when the me too movement came out. It triggered me quite badly unfortunately. When this hit the news with the guy i won't name, cause quite frankly, I do not want his name on my blog- I decided that acting was not for me. I was terrified of this happening again and I was put off for life. Plus I was having directors lying blatantly to my face about stage productions and throwing my friend under the bus.

A part of me still wishes to become an actor but I can do much better with what I want to do.  Now the death industry- it is very male orientated and can be very sexiest but I am ready to fight that sexism!

Nuclear physicist 

I told you it was going to get weird. Yes, since I have been about thirteen I have dreamed of working in nuclear power plants. And I don't even agree with nuclear energy! I am a walking contradiction. Either way, this was never going to come to the front as I cannot do maths. I failed GCSE maths seven times and still do not have a GCSE in maths. So there is no way I can be a nuclear physicist.

Meteorology 

When i first watched Twister- I was hooked to the movie. I do not like it now. I prefer to watch actual tornado docs and hurricanes. One thing about me: I am very good at telling what the weather will do and where it will go. I have no idea why- I think it is because I have been studying the weather since I was about eight or so.

I have no idea why I want to do this or why i want to be a storm chaser and chase those hurricanes and tornadoes. it is incredibly dangerous and expensive! And plus I dont want to be one of these people in tornado alley who clog the streets up.

Also requires math.

Conservationist 

So this actually came way before acting! I even went to Nottingham on trent uni to see the campus! Needless to say I do not like bugs. or dirt. I agree with conserving the environment and stand all for it. I have done a lot of volunteering work at Minsmere  for this. Even been on TV as part of Springwatch (audience). But when my mental health crashed, I did not want to do this anymore and still do not want to do it. But I can incorporate this into my mortuary work.

Teacher 

Moving on. I will not be a good teacher at all. 

I think thats it? There is a ton more but they are boring. So enjoy this!

-Molly.


No comments:

Post a Comment